Loughcrew Equinox Experience
The Next Loughcrew Equinox Experience Tour takes place:
Loughcrew Equinox Experience:
- The Loughcrew Equinox Experience is a rare and unique tour taking place just twice a year. Loughcrew's Ancient Passage Tombs date back to 3,500BC and are aligned with the Spring and Autumn Equinox. On these special days, night and day are of equal length. On the mornings of the equinox the rising sun illuminates the splendid artwork, passage and chamber of Cairn T. Join the crowds who gather for this 5,000 year old alignment. Experience the atmosphere and togetherness shared by tourists and locals alike. Your local guide will explain the mystical lore an in depth history linked to the Loughcrew complex. Hear about the legend of the Witch and if your lucky get to see real Druids perform Dawn Ceremonies.
The 2 day tour includes:
- As part of the Loughcrew Equinox Experience your guide will bring you to the best locations in the Boyne Valley - The birthplace of Irelands Ancient East.
- Hill of Tara - The Ancient Seat of Ireland's High Kings
- Trim Castle - Ireland's largest Anglo/Norman castle used in the Movie Braveheart
- Monasterboice High Crosses - Ireland's best preserved examples and early Christian tower
- The 7 wonders of fore - Includes the 630 AD monastery of St. Fechin, the tree that will not burn & the water that will not boil
- Maggie Heaney's Cottage - Experience the warmth of a traditional Irish home from the 1700's
- Cavan County Museum – A walk through Irish history and World War 1 Trenches
- The Hill of Slane – St. Patricks first Port of Call on his missionary in Ireland
- Drogheda- Anglo Norman Town with many historical sites including the Relic of St. Oliver Plunket.
- Outdoor Wear Required
- Entry to all sites included
- 1 Breakfast included
- 1 lunch included
- 1 night accommodation included
- Private Local Guide
- Rare and Unique Tour
8.15am from the Molly Malone Statue on Suffolk Street in Dublin
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings or more information