Loughcrew Adventure Tour
= Loughcrew Guided Tour + Half Day at Adventure Centre
- The traditionally styled courtyard you will get a sense of our Irish heritage.
- Smell the old turf fire, see the old spinning wheel and hear about Maggie’s famous visitor from a previous inhabitant.
- We will then begin the short hill walk to Loughcrew’s Ancient Passage Tombs.
- These 5,000 year old tombs are located at the highest point in the Boyne Valley – The Hill of the Witch.
- Your local guide will focus on Cairn T where some of Europe’s most spectacular ancient carvings can be seen.
- Crowds gather at this tomb for the March and September Equinox when the sunrise aligns with the beautifully decorated back stone.
- Hear the myths and legends that have kept these ancient passage tombs so well preserved. Unravel the mystery on a guided tour with us.
Locations: Loughcrew Megalithic Centre, Maggie Heaney's Cottage, Loughcrew Cairns, Nelly's Kitchen and Loughcrew Adventure Centre.
Time: 5 hrs mins aprox.
This tour is for the adventurous and the outdoor types. In it we have climbs to the highest point in the Boyne Valley, zip-lining, assault courses, challenges and a bit of history and mystery too.
For more information on the tour contact Niall +353 (0)86 7361948 or Fechin +353 (0)87 3974295 or email us at email@example.com