Loughcrew Tours provide a great way of exploring these wonderful monuments.
Arrive at our centre by car or simply take a day trip from Dublin.
The Cairns at Slieve na Calliagh, are of huge historical importance.
With their beginnings stretching back over 5,000 years, they are even older than Newgrange.
The legends and stories that surround the tombs have kept it extremely well preserved.
To start to unravel the mystery join us on a guided tour.
Our 3 Most Popular Tours:
Come and enjoy the local hospitality and step back in time. Maggie's cottage is lovingly restored and recreates the past through real life artifacts and local stories. Tea/coffee and scone available.
Climb to the highest point in the Boyne Valley and get a glimpse of life 5,000 years ago. Tour includes access to Cairn T and coffee/tea and scones in our cottage cafe.
Visit the best sites in Ireland's Ancient East. This day trip from Dublin takes you through 5,000 years of history including stops at Hill of Tara, Trim Castle, Loughcrew and Uisneach.
- Celtic Boyne Valley tour begins in Dublin on Suffolk Street outside the stone church
- Loughcrew guided and cottage tours begin at Loughcrew Megalithic Centre
- Feel free to contact Niall or Fechin with any questions on the tour or creating a 1-2 itinerary.
- Large groups can be accommodated at our centre
- For those unable to make the climb, there is an audio-visual presentation in Maggie Heaney's cottage that offers viewers the chance to see the wonder of the Cairns
- We also provide accommodation in private or dorm rooms.
- Loughcrew is the ideal base to explore the Boyne Valley and areas of Westmeath and Cavan.